Ruger Precision Rifle® Gen 3 .308 Winchester Bolt Action
Ruger precision rifle 308 Gen 3
The Ruger Precision Rifle is a highly configurable, in-line-recoil rifle with the kind of sub-MOA accuracy that puts more expensive rifles to shame. Every component has been carefully considered and precisely engineered…from the Multi-Mag Interface that accepts a number of different magazine styles, to the cold hammer-forged barrel, to the Marksman AdjustableTM trigger.
The Gen 3 version takes all the excellence of the Gen 2—and make just a few tweaks. First, the old KeyMod handguard has been replaced with a new lower-profile M-Lok handguard that gives you just a little more scope clearance for big optics—so if you prefer M-Lok, this is a nice change. The second improvement is a black nitride finish on the bolt, which replaces the stainless finish on the Gen 2 bolt. These aren’t groundbreaking changes by any means, but why overhaul a good thing? Bottom line: it’s still the RPR you know and love, but with a few shrewd improvements based on feedback from competitive shooters.
New for the Gen 3:
- New lower-profile free-float handguard with M-Lok slots rather than KeyMod slots
- Black nitride finished bolt
- Highly accurate 20″ Ruger cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber
- Medium contour (.75” at the muzzle) barrel, with 5/8”-24 threads. Hybrid Muzzle Brake installed
- Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges
- “Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability
- “Upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion
- Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body
- 20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities
- Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation
- Equipped with a free-float handguard with M-Lok slots
- May be configured with any AR-style handguard
- Ruger® Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad
- Left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock
- Adjustable for length of pull and comb height
- Includes two 10-rd. Magpul® PMAGs
Order Ruger precision rifle 308 Gen 3 today!
Key Specifications ruger precision rifle gen 3
- Item Number: 704841
- Caliber: .308 Winchester
- Action: Bolt
- Capacity: 10 1
- Barrel length: 20″
- Barrel style: Cold-hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly with 5R rifling; medium contour
- Barrel twist: 1:10″
- Stock: Ruger Precision MSR folding adjustable
- Trigger: Marksman Adjustable 2.25-5 lbs.
- Length of pull: 12-15.5″
- Overall length: 39.25-42.75″
- Overall weight: 9.8 lbs.
- Mfg. Number: 18028
- UPC: 736676180288