Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
The information we collect from you is used to improve services, performance, enhance your shopping experience, and communicate with you..
We strive to make it easy for you to update your account, remove addresses and credit cards, and unsubscribe from communications at any point.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through use of our Services, and from outside sources.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s likely not a surprise we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a Black Market Firearms account to provide a valid email address–and that’s it. You may provide us with more information–like your name, address, social media profiles–but we don’t require that information to create your account.
Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, contact information and, potentially, your preferred local FFL dealer.
Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team via email, phone, or live chat, post a question to us via social media, leave a review, or post a question and/or answer on a product page.
Information We Collect Automatically
Log Information: Like most websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you visit or make a purchase on our website.
Usage Information: We collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, orders, referrals, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your Pro Shooters account through another service (like Google or Facebook) or if you connect your website or account to a social media service (like Instagram) through our loyalty program, we will receive information from that service (such as your username and basic profile information) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our customers, which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to process your order and ship items to you, to award you points for loyalty or referral actions;
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our customers will enjoy or will help them to find products they want more efficiently or make purchasing those items quicker and easier;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Pro Shooters and others
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Pro Shooters, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on new products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide product recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Pro Shooters, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you share to via our referral and Tell a Friend features.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is, not surprisingly, disclosed publicly. That means that information like your product reviews, product questions and answers, and photo contest entries submitted via social media platforms. Public information may also be indexed by search engines. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–including the ability to purchase online–may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect location information. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account, order status and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies with the drawback that certain features of Cheaper Than Dirt’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
A Few More Things
Pro Shooters leverages global resources. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.