Ruger® AR-556® 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem. Semi-automatic Rifle
The AR-556 has been wildly popular since its inception—and for good reason. It’s fun to shoot, highly affordable, easily customizable, and ultra-reliable. Ruger’s AR is built around forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers, and features a cold hammer-forged, chrome-moly steel barrel capped with Ruger’s own highly effective muzzle device. The AR-556 features a 1:8” twist that excels with a wide range of rounds—from 35 to 77 grains—so it offers a greater degree of versatility than other twists. This model comes with the improved free-float M-LOK handguard.
- Forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper (type III hardcoat-anodized) with forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector
- Forged 7075-T6 aluminum lower with Type III hardcoat-anodized finish
- Free-floating M-LOK handguard will not affect accuracy as it does not touch the barrel
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control
- 1:8″ twist rifling provides versatility for bullets from 35 to 77 grains
- Shot peened, 9310 alloy steel bolt
- Barrel is threaded (1/2″-28)
- Includes 30-rd. Magpul® PMAG magazine
- Item Number: 714363
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem.
- Action: Semi-automatic
- Capacity: 30 1
- Barrel length: 16.10″
- Barrel style: Medium contour, cold hammer-forged with Ruger flash suppressor
- Barrel twist: 1:8″
- Stock: 6-position telescoping M4-style synthetic
- Length of pull: 10.25″-13.50″
- Trigger: Single stage
- Sights: Optics-ready
- Overall length: 32.25″-35.50″
- Overall weight: 6.7 lbs.
- Mfg. Number: 8529
- UPC: 736676085293
There are no reviews yet.